Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Operating Status During COVID-19
Library operating status
The library in the Abelson Building is currently open on a limited basis to Carnegie Institution personnel only. For all other researchers, access is restricted to online resources. The library continues to share materials with other institutions through Interlibrary Loan. Please contact us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to assisting you!
Only EPL personnel may visit the Library in person.
- Library Staff are working on-site on a limited basis, currently Thursdays and Fridays; we are reachable by email or phone Monday through Friday.
- Wear a mask and gloves. Library staff will don masks as you approach.
- Use hand sanitizer when using library-provided computers, printers, copiers, or AV equipment.
- When browsing items on the shelves or journals in the Reading Room, do not reshelve any item that you remove or touch. Place it on one of the reading tables or on the book truck where it will sit for 24 hours before being handled by Library staff.
- When returning checked out materials, place them on the book truck near the copier. They will sit for 24 hours before being handled by Library staff.
- Library staff can retrieve items for you or point to where items are on the shelf. Sign the checkout cards and leave in the box outside the ACC. (Safest to bring/use your own pen/pencil.)
- Interlibrary loans and reserve materials will be available for pickup in the Reading Room or may be delivered to your mailbox.
Borrowing Books (EPL personnel only)
Locate the books you want in our catalog then email us at email@example.com:
- If all you need is a chapter or article we will scan and email it to you.
- If you need the whole book we will deliver it to your mailbox in Abelson or place it on the Reading Room table for you to pick up at your convenience – your choice. Library staff will wear gloves when handling your books.
- Since the library is currently staffed only two days/week please allow up to six days for either delivery method.
You may also come to the library in person to select and sign out books. Please wear a mask and gloves when browsing the stacks or handling any library materials. Be sure to fill out and sign a circulation card if you take any books.