Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Operating Status During COVID-19
Library operating status
The library in the Abelson Building is currently open to Carnegie Institution personnel only. For all other researchers, access is restricted to online resources. The library continues to share materials with other institutions through Interlibrary Loan. Please contact us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to assisting you!
Only Carnegie personnel may visit the library in person.
- Wear a mask when visiting the library. Library staff will don masks as you approach.
- Use hand sanitizer when using library-provided computers, printers, copiers, or AV equipment.
- When browsing items on the shelves or journals in the Reading Room, do not reshelve any item that you remove or touch. Place it on one of the reading tables or on the book truck.
- When returning checked out materials, place them on the book truck near the copier.
- Library staff can retrieve items for you or point to where items are on the shelf. Sign the checkout cards and leave them in the box outside the ACC. (Safest to bring/use your own pen/pencil.)
- Interlibrary loans and reserve materials will be available for pickup in the Reading Room or may be delivered to your campus mailbox.
Borrowing Books (EPL personnel only)
Locate the books you want in our catalog then email us at email@example.com:
- If all you need is a chapter or article we will scan and email it to you.
- If you need the whole book we can deliver it to your campus mailbox or place it on the Reading Room table for you to pick up at your convenience – your choice.
You may also come to the library in person to select and sign out books. Please wear a mask when visiting the library. Be sure to fill out and sign a circulation card if you take any books.